The meeting was held at the home of Julie and Mike Seigman.
31 members and one guest attended.
The formal part of the meeting started at 2:35 led by Commodore Marie Genteale.
- The minutes from the previous meeting were accepted as read.
- Treasurer's Report: Megan Rathsack reported that our checking account holds a balance of $5,254 a/o 4/22/18. Shane was working on a refund from Network solutions, our previous webhost. Mooring fees have been paid for the season. The group voted to contribute $100 or so to Save the Sound, as they have in the past.
- Membership Report: Bob Flemming reported there are currently 64 members, including two new members. 14 have yet to renew.
- Website: Shane Bouslough, our webmaster, happily reported the new website is working well. He has added a section "Boats for Sale."
- Cruises: Ed Brown reminded us that the NYC cruise is two months off - June 14-17, Father's Day weekend. The timing is based on the tides through Hell Gate. If you plan to participate please make reservations at Liberty Landing ASAP. In planning for the Summer Cruise, Ed noted there has been a big drop off in cruising participation. He proposed the Summer Cruise be a circular tour around the western end of the Sound in late July through mid-August. This would allow those working and those with kids more flexibility to attend all or parts of the cruise. Ed requested suggestions on ports to visit on the western end. Black Rock was one. It was suggested that Ed send the particulars of the trip to Shane to put on the website.
- Bob Flemming mentioned that he and Sue plan to sail to Block Island and the eastern end of CT and LI from July 1st for 2 1/2 weeks. Contact Bob if anyone would like to join them.
- Events: May 27 - Port Jefferson - Hot Dogs on the Beach - Sunday at 3:30. Pot luck plus $5 for hot dogs and condiments.
- June 9-10 - Oyster Bay - BBQ on the Beach - Jim Percesepe will host.
- July 4 - Port Jefferson, nothing planned other than cocktails on the boat. Volunteers needed.
- August 11 -12 - Oyster Bay Carnival.
- September 3 - Labor Day - Port Jefferson - Lobsters on the Beach.
- Annual Meeting - Sunday, November 11 - EJ and Shane to host in Riverside, CT.
- Other: John mentioned that McMichael's would be giving a demonstration on anchoring Wednesday night at 7 p.m. April 25.
EJ suggested that the spring meeting be scheduled on a Saturday evening at the end of March or early April. To be determined.
The meeting ended at 3:05.
Respectively submitted, Eileen Hawe, Secretary