LISCA New Member Meeting at the Home of Marie Genteale
Approximately 25 members in attendance.
At around 2:30 p.m., Commodore Marie Genteale called the meeting to order and all in attendance introduced themselves and their boats.
Minutes from the Winter Meeting were read for the Secretary, Tom Taylor, by Anne Taylor, and accepted.
The treasurer’s report was given by Megan McDowell Rathsack
- The bank balance is excellent, at $6,189.43.
- There is a pending transfer from Paypal to our bank account for $468.61, which will leave us with $6,658.04.
- Three members paid their dues at the meeting.
- The Constant Contact renewal was paid.
The Membership report was given for Bob Flemming.
- We have 80 members. Two new members were introduced, Lisa and Daniel Donatelli and Bruce and Ianne Poushter.
- Status of 2018 dues is now posted on the web site.
- Overall, we are in good shape.
The Webmaster report was given by Shane Bouslough.
- The migration from Network Solutions to a new web provider, Square Space, is complete. It was proposed and accepted that the Boats for Sale section could be made public.
A mooring update was given by Commodore Marie:
- There has a question as to reciprocity with other yacht clubs. Peter Luciano reported after doing research that here are two requirements needed; a permanent location to be shared and hosting a sanctioned race. After discussion, it was decided not to pursue this.
Commodore Marie Genteale led a review of 2018 events:
- After review of some options, the brewery event will be held at Rizzuto’s Restaurant and Bar, 540 Riverside Avenue, Westport on March 11th between 12 and 4pm.
- The April 22nd Spring meeting to be held at Julie and Mike Siegman’s home in Milford.
- A Memorial Day hot dogs on the beach event at Port Jefferson will be organized by Judy and Ted Andre.
- The sixth annual Summer Solstice Cruise to NY, organized by Ed Brown is set for June 14 – 17. Details are on the web site.
- Past Commodore Bonnie and Austin will be in Block Island for 3 weeks in late July / early August and encourage members to join them.
- Oyster Bay event will be timed with St Gertrudes, will be June 10th or 17th. This event is organized by Jim Percesepe and Tony Pozun.
- The Summer Cruise, organized by Ed Brown, could involve a circular route in western Long Island Sound. The intent is to allow people to jump in and out as schedules permit.
- The July 4th event will be an informal gathering in Port Jefferson. Looking for a port host.
- Debra Monaco announced a Ladies at the Helm Regatta sponsored by Saugatuck Yacht Club July 27 & 28. (firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
- Past Commodore Bonnie is organizing the Lobsters on the Beach event for Labor Day weekend at Port Jefferson.
- The August Rendezvous is being organized by Vice Commodore Leslie Napoleon. It could be in Northport, Norwalk Yacht Club, Oyster Bay, or Centerport. Rye was suggested but deemed too tight. Leslie will report back at the April meeting.
- Annual meeting will be in November, date tbd
The meeting was adjourned after Commodore Marie moved to close at about 3:20pm.
Respectfully submitted, Tom Taylor, Secretary