COME JOIN US ON THE 2018 SUMMER SOLSTICE CRUISE TO NEW YORK CITY
THURSDAY JUNE 14th – SUNDAY JUNE 17th
Last year’s cruise worked out so well, we’ll adopt the same format this year – two nights at Liberty Landing so you can have a full day in the Big Apple.
It’s not too early to start planning for this year. So mark your calendars, make your reservations and let us know that you’re coming!
Thursday night - Port Washington – dinner at Louie’s Friday - Sail through Hell Gate and the East River
Friday night - Cocktail party aboard the Light Ship
Saturday - Enjoy local sights or visit the Big Apple
Sunday morning - Sail NY harbor, see Lady Liberty close up
Sunday late morning - Sail up the East River back to LI Sound
Day 1 - Thursday June 14, 2018
Arrive Port Washington; 4-5PM (make your own mooring reservation)
Impromptu floating cocktail parties - Group dinner at Louie’s restaurant
Day 2 - Friday June 15, 2018
Depart Port Washington about 10:00AM to catch the current at Hell Gate - arrive at the Liberty Landing marina at about 1:15PM
Relax or take ferry to NYC
Cocktails aboard the Light Ship at 5:30PM
Day 3 - Saturday June 16, 2018
Relax at the marina, visit Lady Liberty, spend the day in the Big Apple
Day 4 - Sunday June 17, 2018
Coffee and donuts at the marina
Depart Liberty Landing marina about 8:30AM and sail the harbor
Start up the East River at 9:30AM - Make Hell Gate by 10:15AM
Arrive at the Throgs Neck Bridge by 11:30AM
WHAT YOU MUST DO!
1. Make your own reservation for Liberty Landing (for Fri & Sat 6/15 & 6/16):
Go to www.libertylandingmarina.com, download their “transient dockage reservation request”, fill it out and fax or mail it back to them with 50% deposit.
BE SURE TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS PART OF THE “CATALINA” GROUP – WITH 10 BOATS, WE GET A 10% DISCOUNT
2. Make your own reservation with Port Washington Water Taxi (for Thur 6/14) Call Pt. Washington Water Taxi after May 1st (516) 767-1691
3. Contact Ed Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you plan to join us for the cruise.
4. Contact John Amante (email@example.com) if you plan to join us for the dinner in Port Washington on Thursday.
5. Pray for the same great weather.